Linux System Engineers - Egypt
Department: Digital Services
Type: Full Time
- A.S/B.S. Degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science and/or Evidence of Exceptional ability;
- Minimum “1 to 3” years of experience in NIX Platform (RedHat – CentOS – Ubuntu) is a must.
- Managing, maintaining, and tuning webservers (NGINX, PHP-FPM, and Apache).
- Experience in supporting the DevOps environment including implementing and supporting revision control management systems (Gitlab or similar) and CI/CD processes is a plus.
- Prior experience in optimizing infrastructure components (OS, storage, and network) to support a very dynamic Manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, network routing, and switching.
- Ability to interface with diverse groups (Engineers, IT, and Business leadership), at both technical and management levels.
- Should be able to quickly identify the root cause and resolve critical issues by looking across multiple layers (storage, OS, network, virtualization, and application / DB stack) Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Researching and recommending innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administrations tasks.
- Mentoring and developing junior team members of system engineers as required.
- Assessing new technologies and products, applying industry best practices and methodologies to engineering and operations activities.
- Providing on-call consulting advice and technical support to external/internal customers regarding specific operational/applications issues.
- Participating in the overall secure design and performance of system/server’s environment.
- Taking lead in resolving operational issues, performing root cause analysis, and implementing necessary corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Lead problem resolution and coordination activities.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to improve the IT infrastructure
- Strong team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to manage additional technical resources to meet the project requirements.